Friday, May 28, 2010

Brownie Goodness

I know I said I wasn't going to do any more posts until after we moved but I made this dessert tonight that was too delicious to keep to myself!

Brandon and I had a hard day today. Go here to read why. So I was feeling upset and thought chocolate might make me feel better. I had a box of brownie mix and decided to make them. As soon as the thought hit me I had another: I should heat up some bananas and blueberries in brown sugar and put that on top of the brownie. And I should top it all with whipped cream!

For some semblance of a recipe here are the steps:

Make brownies according to box or make your own.
Once the brownies have mostly cooled start on the fruit:
Slice however much banana you want and toss in a pot with about the same amount of blueberries.
Add brown sugar and vanilla to taste.
Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until berries pop, about 5-7 minutes.
While the fruit is cooking make the whipped cream:
Beat cold cream until frothy and then add powdered sugar to taste (you don't need much.)
Beat until stiff peaks form.
Slice a brownie, top with fruit and whipped cream.
Enjoy!

I have no photos because I was too focused on the food. Maybe I will make this again and be prepared. As a side note: the fruit would make a great pancake or waffle topping!


1 comment:

  1. Wow,Samantha!That's very creative.I wish I could try some.
    Marina.

    ReplyDelete